You are almost ready to move your business applications, data, and infrastructure to the Cloud but you still need to be a little bit more confident.
These 4 pillars represent the main value proposition for what differentiates Azure from the competition.
Those are the reasons why customers choose Microsoft, because of the unique value that we provide in a productive, hybrid, intelligent, and trusted cloud.
Whether you’re new to migrations or just looking for best practices, consider BitTitan® MigrationWiz®. Securely and quickly migrate for whatever scale your business requires. Start migrating with BitTitan today!
Get White Paper
Microsoft is announcing changes to the commercial pricing for Microsoft 365—the first substantive pricing update since they’ve launched Office 365 a decade ago.
This updated pricing reflects the increased value Microsoft has delivered to its customers over the past 10 years.
Take a look at some of the innovations they’ve delivered over the past decade in three key areas—communications and collaboration, security and compliance, and AI and automation—as well as the addition of audio conferencing capabilities that they’re announcing today.
A decade of continuous innovation
Since introducing Microsoft 365 they have added 24 apps1 to the suites—Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Stream, Planner, Visio, OneDrive, Yammer, and Whiteboard—and have released over 1,400 new features and capabilities in three key areas.
→ Communication and collaboration.
In 2020 Microsoft released over 300 new capabilities including Together mode, background effects, large gallery view, raise a hand, live reactions, breakout rooms, live captions with speaker attribution, and Fluid components, just to name a few.
- They introduced a new category of collaborative applications in Teams, empowering people and organizations for hybrid work through deep integrations with Power Platform, Whiteboard, Lists, Planner, Shifts, Forms, and SharePoint. Companies like Adobe, Atlassian, Salesforce, SAP, ServiceNow, and Workday have built apps that deeply integrate with Teams, bringing business processes and functions directly into the flow of work.
- They continue to innovate on both real-time and asynchronous collaboration.
- They introduced real-time collaboration in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint desktop apps while a growing set of capabilities like @mentions, assign tasks, modern comments, and auto-save have streamlined the collaboration experience.
- They’ve added and expanded OneDrive cloud storage and the Exchange Online mailboxes.
→ Security and compliance.
- The cybersecurity landscape is more complex than ever. With the accelerating volume, sophistication, and scale of cyberattacks, security and compliance are a priority for every organization. Since they first introduced Microsoft 365, they have added new attack surface reduction capabilities to help organizations defend against ransomware and other threats.
- They have added capabilities like data loss prevention (DLP) for email and documents, sensitivity labels, and message encryption to help keep important data within the organization.
- They have added powerful compliance capabilities that help organizations reduce risk and respond to increasing regulatory requirements such as Content Search, eDiscovery, and core Litigation Hold. Built-in mobile device management (MDM) and other management tools like Microsoft Endpoint Manager help admins support remote and hybrid workforces.
→ AI and automation.
- Over the past decade, they have infused AI capabilities across our productivity and collaboration applications to help everyone achieve more.
- Across Microsoft 365, they have introduced AI-powered innovations to help users be better writers, designers, and presenters.
- Cloud-powered AI now automatically creates maps, charts, and tables in Excel, and sorts email and removes clutter in Outlook. And AI-powered real-time translation, captions, and transcription make collaboration and communication more accessible and engaging for everyone.
Extending audio conferencing capabilities
- Microsoft is announcing that they will add unlimited dial-in capabilities for Microsoft Teams meetings across our enterprise, business, frontline, and government suites over the next few months. Even as cloud connectivity increases, they know that people join Teams meetings while they are on the go or struggling with a bad internet connection.
- Currently included with Microsoft 365 E5 and Office 365 E5, they have come to see dial-in as an important part of the complete Teams experience.
- Available with subscriptions in over 70 countries and with interactive support in 44 languages and dialects, unlimited dial-in provides peace of mind that users will be able to join their Microsoft Teams meeting from virtually any device regardless of location.
- The pricing changes Microsoft is announcing today will go into effect in six months.
- On March 1, 2022, they will update our list pricing for the following commercial products: Microsoft 365 Business Basic (from $5 to $6 per user), Microsoft 365 Business Premium (from $20 to $22), Office 365 E1 (from $8 to $10), Office 365 E3 (from $20 to $23), Office 365 E5 (from $35 to $38), and Microsoft 365 E3 (from $32 to $36).
- These increases will apply globally with local market adjustments for certain regions.
- There are no changes to pricing for education and consumer products at this time.
- As leaders around the world look to empower their people for a more flexible, hybrid world of work, it’s clear that every organization will need a new operating model across people, places, and processes. Microsoft is committed to building on the value they’ve delivered over the past decade to continuously provide innovation that helps our customers succeed and thrive today and well into the future.
Click to learn more
Contact us to learn more firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft officially announced the public preview to a simpler and more reliable way to protect your VMware virtual machines.
To tackle the changing needs of the customers, they have performed a major overhaul of the hybrid disaster recovery and added necessary enhancements along with highly requested simplifications. They have implemented a new architecture with which, the configuration server has now been revamped as the ASR replication appliance.
Automatic upgrades for ASR replication appliance and Mobility agent
A big deal-breaker with the current architecture was manually updating various configuration server components and mobility services. – as soon as an update arrives, both the appliance and mobility service will be updated automatically and that too out of business hours.
Additionally, for automatic upgrades, machine credentials will not be required anymore. Currently, it is necessary to have the latest credentials for both Linux and Windows machines for a successful update. But with this preview, the credentials will be required only initially and will not be required once the installation is complete. After the installation of the mobility service, credentials can be removed for all the machines.
Easier scale management
The appliance is now a single unit of management and all its components have been converted into micro-services which are hosted on Azure. This will not only make the troubleshooting much easier, but scale management also becomes much smoother. To scale out an appliance, you will just need to set up another appliance and voila, it is done! No need to set up another Process server anymore.
High availability for appliance
Appliance resiliency has also been a highly asked about topic and we have that covered too. Customers are usually afraid of an appliance burndown. There are also scenarios where one may need to load balance an appliance and move a protected machine to another appliance, without disabling replication.
With the preview, you don’t need to take regular backups of your appliance anymore – just spin up another appliance and switch all your machines to the new appliance. All the configuration details particular to a protected machine will be switched to the new appliance without needing to go through the complete replication again.
Apart from the above-mentioned improvements, they have also removed –
- passphrase dependency – implemented a new certificate-based authentication,
- static IP address dependency – will rather use FQDNs to maintain connectivity,
- third party product dependency – MySQL installation on the appliance will not be required anymore.
Learn more about the preview architecture and check out the release notes for a detailed list of improvements.
Non-genuine software is a cybersecurity risk
Software piracy is a widespread global problem. Cybercriminals are exploiting non-genuine
software to spread malware, and users are exposing themselves to multiple security risks.
The reach and risk of counterfeit goods
39% of inadvertent purchases of counterfeit goods were bought through legitimate online third-party marketplaces.
Half a trillion US dollars’ worth of imports across the world are counterfeit products.
20% more malware was found on machines when users doubled their time on piracy sites.
The confidence to move forward
Microsoft genuine software provides the security, updates, and support you need. Get the best experience, build trust, and avoid risk—buy Microsoft genuine software.
Risks of non-genuine software
Think twice before your next purchase.
Non-genuine software may come with viruses and would lack the security measures needed to detect them.
You may be opening your home or business to serious threats from hackers and malware without knowing it.
Malware can contain ransomware, which may block access to data or user accounts unless a ransom is paid.
Reputation and material damage
Hackers can destroy your business data and other valuable information. These security breaches may harm your image and erode customer trust.
Your personal and financial data may be compromised, which may result in financial damage. It could even be used for criminal activities.
- Stolen credit card or bank details
Hackers can clone your credit card and access your bank accounts, resulting in financial loss for you or your business.
A data breach can bring your entire business operation to a halt and harm your website, CRM, and accounting systems.
You could lose important personal files and business data, like customer and accounting information.
How do I know I’m using genuine software?
Make sure it’s licensed.
Before purchasing a new PC, make sure genuine Windows is pre-installed on the device.
All Windows PCs must have a license, which allows you to upgrade your version through volume licensing.
Volume licensing agreements only cover Windows software upgrades. Only PCs are bundled with a full base license (OEM/GGWA/FPP/ESD).
Consumer versions of Windows are NOT eligible for volume licensing upgrades to Windows Professional.
Get Genuine Windows Agreement (GGWA) is the legalization solution for corporate users who want to legitimize Windows Professional licenses on existing devices. For all new devices, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) base licenses are required.
How do I avoid non-genuine software?
Follow this software purchasing guide.
- Be the first to open it
A physical product’s package must be sealed to ensure first-time use. Product keys are designed to work on a single or limited number of devices.
Stay up to dateRun software updates regularly to help stay protected against potential security issues.
A reputable reseller or the Microsoft Store are your go-to options.
- Question “too-good-to-be-true” prices
They usually are—and may lead to additional costs from data loss or identity theft.
- Check the product key source
For digital downloads, make sure the product key comes from a trusted source and not an instant messaging platform or unverifiable email.
Make sure physical packaging includes an authentic Microsoft logo and brand identity. Be wary of standalone stickers or product key cards, which don’t grant the right to use Microsoft software.
A physical product’s package must be sealed to ensure first-time use. Product keys are designed to work on a single or limited number of devices.
Run software updates regularly to help stay protected against potential security issues.
A reputable reseller or the Microsoft Store is your go-to option.
- Use only licensed software
Software must be properly licensed, whether it’s Windows or Office.
Buy Microsoft genuine software
Avoid the many risks of digital downloads with these tips for safer shopping.
Microsoft Teams is quickly gaining users amid the ongoing shift to Microsoft 365. As the adoption continues to grow, Teams has become an important workload to factor into your migration plan.
In this white paper, you’ll learn:
• Top considerations when preparing to migrate Teams to a new Microsoft 365 tenant.
• What is migrated and what is not.
• Important tips for configuring Teams migration projects.
Download the white paper to power your next Teams migration.
Brought to you by BitTitan®. Helping you make your migrations easy, fast, and secure.
Analytics and Correlation of Detected Threats Across Endpoints and Networks in Hybrid Environments Improves Security Efficacy Against Cyberattacks
Bitdefender unveiled the next evolution of Endpoint Detection and Response solutions – eXtended EDR (XEDR) with the addition of analytics and cross-endpoint security event correlation to Bitdefender Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and GravityZone Ultra, the company’s unified endpoint prevention, detection, and response and risk analytics platform. These new capabilities increase security efficacy for identifying and stopping the spread of ransomware attacks, advanced persistent threats (APTs), and other sophisticated attacks before they impact business operations.
With integrated detection and response across operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac) and hybrid environments (public and private cloud, on-premises), Bitdefender delivers a comprehensive, real-time view for security operations, greatly improving the ability for organizations of all sizes, even those without full-time security analysts, to detect covert attacks that would go unnoticed by analysis and detection on individual endpoints in isolation.
Sophisticated attacks designed to evade security technology detection often mimic ‘normal’ processes or execute in multiple stages through multiple vectors including endpoints, networks, supply chains, hosted IT and cloud services. Bitdefender XEDR thwarts complex attacks by ingesting, examining, and correlating telemetry across endpoints to detect indicators of compromise (IOCs), APT techniques, malware signatures, vulnerabilities, and abnormal behaviors. This advanced monitoring automates early detection of attack scenarios, providing security and IT staff with a single dashboard view wherever the attack started.
The new XEDR capabilities also enhance Bitdefender managed detection and response (MDR) by providing greater visibility and incident context during investigations to accelerate threat validation, response actions, and remediation.
“Organizations of all sizes across all industries are in the crosshairs of APTs and skilled cybercriminal groups,” said Steve Kelley, president, and general manager of Bitdefender Business Solutions Group. “Each application, email, unpatched vulnerability, partner relationship or third-party service represents a potential entry point to a catastrophic security incident. As adversaries evolve techniques to bypass defenses and move through environments undetected, event correlation beyond the boundaries of a single endpoint is crucial for cyber resilience. Bitdefender XEDR provides cross-endpoint correlation to detect and eliminate threats faster at each stage of an attack from early reconnaissance to the final payload.”
In a recent report***, Forrester Analyst Allie Mellen writes that “XDR providers will be limited or enabled by the EDR on which they are based. Choose your XDR based on an EDR with high efficacy detections, strong third-party partnerships or extended native capabilities, and automated response recommendations.”
XEDR builds upon the company’s industry-leading EDR solutions and advanced threat intelligence powered by the Bitdefender Global Protective Network (GPN), an extensive array of hundreds of millions of sensors continuously collecting endpoint threat data worldwide. In independent evaluations, Bitdefender consistently scores highest in detecting APT tactics and techniques. In the most recent MITRE ATT&CK test, Bitdefender achieved the highest number of detections of the 29 participating cybersecurity vendors.
XEDR with cross-endpoint event correlation is available now and comes standard with Bitdefender EDR.
What is the Tenant Migration Bundle?
The Tenant Migration Bundle is a promotional per-user bundle for all people and data in your cross-tenant migration project. Much like our User Migration Bundle, which covers multiple workloads for a single user in a project, the Tenant Migration Bundle covers data stored in Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams – the most commonly-used applications in this cloud office suite.
Rather than buy separate licenses for each workload – or use different tools entirely – we’re giving customers the power to move all components of a tenant with a single license. No professional services, additional fees, or special certifications are required.
The TMB is comprised of two components:
- User Migration Bundle: this is their most popular SKU covering mailboxes, documents, personal archives, and enables the use of DeploymentPro, our automated Outlook configuration tool, to flip profiles post-migration.
- Flex Collaboration License: this new license from BitTitan enabling you to move Teams or SharePoint data.
The User Migration Bundles can be applied as they always have to cover mailbox and OneDrive data with no data limit. The new Flex Collaboration license can be applied to either a Teams migration or a SharePoint document library, carrying a 100 GB data limit per license.
Why buy the Tenant Migration Bundle?
It comes down to simplicity. In most scenarios, the Tenant Migration Bundle will have everything a user needs to migrate from A to B. Just like the tool itself, they want to make it easy to move between tenants. Providing a single license for all workloads in the project – and a tool that can support it all – is the best way to lower the training curve, cost, and complexity with these sorts of projects.
This is a new license type so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our sales team to help scope your next project on email@example.com
Azure Firewall Premium provides next-generation firewall(NGFW) capabilities that are required for highly sensitive and regulated environments.
With the new Azure Firewall Premium, the following new capabilities are now available:
- TLS Inspection: Azure Firewall Premium terminates outbound and east-west TLS connections. Inbound TLS inspection is supported in conjunction with Azure Application Gateway allowing end-to-end encryption. Azure Firewall performs the required value-added security functions and re-encrypts the traffic which is sent to the original destination.
- IDPs: Azure Firewall Premium provides signature-based intrusion detection and prevention system (IDPs) to allow rapid detection of attacks by looking for specific patterns, such as byte sequences in network traffic, or known malicious instruction sequences used by malware.
- Web Categories: Allows administrators to allow or deny user access to the Internet-based on categories (e.g. social networking, search engines, gambling), reducing the time spent on managing individual FQDNs and URLs. This capability is also available for Azure Firewall Standard based on FQDNs only.
- URL Filtering: Allow users to access specific URLs for both plain text and encrypted traffic, typically being used in conjunction with Web Categories.
Azure Firewall Premium is utilizing Firewall Policy, a global resource that can be used to centrally manage your firewalls using Azure Firewall Manager. Starting this release, all new features will be configurable via Firewall Policy only. This includes TLS Inspection, IDPS, URL Filtering, Web categories, and more. Firewall Rules (Classic) continue to be supported and can be used for configuring existing features of Standard Firewall. Firewall Policy can be managed independently or using Azure Firewall Manager. A firewall policy associated with a single firewall has no charge.
For more information, see the Azure Firewall Premium documentation
Healthcare provider opts for 24×7 security monitoring service and protection at 40 percent less cost than hiring additional staff
As cybersecurity threats continue to proliferate, internal security operations departments at organizations worldwide must devote significant resources to managing and analyzing an unrelenting flow of alerts and notifications. To address this challenge, Magrabi Hospitals and Centers, a major healthcare provider in Saudi Arabia considered hiring additional security operations employees to provide 24×7 monitoring.
Instead, Magrabi determined that outsourcing to a managed endpoint detection and response service would provide more comprehensive protection and at a lower cost. Magrabi evaluated managed detection and response service offerings from Crowdstrike and Bitdefender and selected Bitdefender Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Service.
Mostafa Mabrouk, Corporate Information Security Manager, Magrabi Hospitals and Centers, explains, “We chose Bitdefender MDR because it would provide us with comprehensive endpoint control, detection, forensics, reporting, and protection. Viewing all the security components from a single console—from malware removal to sandboxing to quarantine to logs and more—was valuable to us. We also were impressed with the in-depth expertise and knowledge of the security analysts staffing Bitdefender MDR.”
Bitdefender MDR provides Magrabi with outsourced cybersecurity operations 24 hours a day. The MDR Service incorporates industry-leading Bitdefender security technologies to provide comprehensive protection for endpoints, network and security analytics, and threat-hunting expertise from a Bitdefender security operations center fully staffed by highly experienced security analysts.
The MDR Service, which incorporates Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, provides Magrabi with endpoint protection, detection, and response (EDR) capabilities across nearly 3,000 endpoints. Magrabi’s endpoints protected by MDR Service include Windows workstations; physical and virtual servers running VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, and XenApp; Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktops; Microsoft Directory servers, and Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
Magrabi’s MDR Service also includes Endpoint Risk Analytics to assess, prioritize, and address risk coming from endpoint misconfigurations and vulnerabilities. In addition, the MDR Service analyzes suspicious files, detonates payloads, and reports malicious intent to administrators, and provides tunable machine learning, advanced heuristics, and anti-exploit techniques. Additional MDR Service modules selected by Magrabi include GravityZone Patch Management to automate patching of vulnerable applications and operating system components.
Magrabi places high value on the 24×7 monitoring, analysis, and remediation provided by the Bitdefender MDR solution. “The clinical staff at Magrabi provides patient care services that demand uninterrupted access to medical devices, IT systems, and data,” says Mabrouk. “The soul of Bitdefender MDR is the 24×7 monitoring of our infrastructure to support this vital mission.
We have access to real-time notifications of suspicious activity and the support of Bitdefender’s security experts to investigate and resolve any issues. The performance and protection provided by Bitdefender MDR has been perfect. We sleep better knowing Bitdefender will take action and stop an attack at any time day or night.”
Improved efficiency and productivity have been additional outcomes of Bitdefender MDR, according to Mabrouk: “Bitdefender has removed the headache and burden from our staff. We have saved 15 hours a week, giving staff more time to focus on security analysis and other IT areas that benefit our clinical and business operations. We calculated our operational costs were 40 percent less by going with Bitdefender MDR compared to hiring an additional three employees to achieve around-the-clock monitoring.”
Mabrouk continues, “With the GravityZone cloud console, it’s easy for us to check our risk score, activity, and history of any incidents. We also like that we can deploy agents throughout the cloud rather than directly on the servers. This contributes to high endpoint performance even during scans.”
Magrabi also depends on GravityZone Patch Management to automatically deploy security patches to servers in the Magrabi infrastructure.
The quality of the Bitdefender MDR experts also has been important, says Mabrouk: “The Bitdefender MDR team has been responsive, knowledgeable, and successful at protecting our valuable data. Our number one priority is providing top patient care and Bitdefender has been successful in supporting that at every turn.”