Mar 23, 2021
“BPS” in collaboration with “Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal organized a webinar entitled “Cloud Talks 2021”, to discuss the services and applications offered by cloud computing providers in order to empower digital business transformation while preserving security, privacy and compliance with laws and regulations. Over 120 persons representing senior executives from 12 different countries participated in the webinar, which hosted experts from leading companies and technology providers from the MENA region.
The Digital Transformation Journey
Mahmoud Moussa -Senior Cloud Solution Architect for Data & AI, Microsoft – confirmed, during his participation in the webinar, that the “Azure IoT Edge” technology provided Microsoft allows the delivery of sensors from all the company’s departments and its use in order to connect to another backend related to the Internet of Things where the data is sent after being initially processed. He explained that cloud services seek to enable digital technology through several domains, most notably: The Internet of Things and Edge technology, advanced analytics, artificial and cognitive intelligence, graphic technique, Blockchain technology, digital workplace and 3D imaging.
For his part, the Sales Manager at Citrix, Abbas Ali-Ahmad pointed out that success will go to the organizations and companies that will be able to provide a stable and safe work experience. He emphasized on the importance of knowing how to support any type of users wanting to access information; whether they were employees, contractors or business partners, and the possibility to work from any place, using any type of device or computing system.
As for Eiad Al-Aqqad -the Principal Solution Architect at “VMware Cloud Providers Program”- he discussed the vision of “VMware Cloud” in the world of cloud computing, he explained that their vision allows users and cloud service providers to activate any application on any device of any kind.
Cyber Security and Cloud Computing
In a panel discussion, moderated by Parthasarathy Pillairkulam – EVP-Chief Information Security Officer at First Abu Dhabi Bank- General Manager of Capital outsourcing, Chadi Ghazal, indicated that his company was the first to own a cloud platform in the MENA region since 2000. He explained that cloud computing is a virtual process for hardware, software, networks, storage spaces and services used by developers to implement complex operations. Adding that when using cloud computing, companies are not compelled to purchase any new devices or services, however they need to upgrade their virtual storage for a certain fee.
As for Alain Sawaya -General Manager of the Jordanian “Zain Datapark”- he explained that his company is an entity that was founded to enable “Zain Group” to provide cyber security and cloud computing services everywhere. He added that every country aspires to have its own cloud located within its territory for multiple reasons: legitimacy, data sovereignty and to secure data especially for governments. Furthermore, he announced the transfer of severl financial and banking applications to private cloud servers.
On his behalf, Mohamed Ayad, Vice President and Business Development Manager of “Libyan Spider” considered that country cloud and public cloud approaches are closer to each other today more than ever, indicating that “Microsoft” is expanding this service very quickly.
Ayad pointed out that there have been concerns about data security and privacy from the very first day of the cloud model’s birth, which has greatly affected companies’ work. He continued adding that many companies have switched to using public cloud more than before due to the flexibility with which entrusted public cloud providers work.
On the other hand, General Manager of “Gulf Infotech” in Oman, Yahya Zakir Sait, said that the largest companies providing cloud services have neglected the Middle East region in 2009 due to the low adoption of cloud solutions, pointing out that the high demand for adopting these solutions has created a quantum leap for the region in general.
“BPS” and Digital Transformation
BPS provides vendors with multiple licensing programs, services and technical supports to partners in order to develop their businesses, in addition to “SAM” consultations. The company focuses on supporting MSP focused channel, telecom companies, internet service providers, database centers, service providers, integrated systems, managed services, software companies and IT distributors who are heading towards digital and cloud transformation.
The company always strives to add more services to its own affiliated program. It started its operations as a cloud distributor in 2005 and has earned years of local experience in the cloud channel business, to become today a pioneer in this field in the MENA region.
Aug 2, 2016
Are you finding it difficult to scale your hosting business due to difficulty managing multiple XenApp and XenDesktop domains? Is it difficult to audit customer service assignments and perform business analyses? Is your go to market strategy and multi-customer management affected by the complexity in setting up multiple offerings?
If you are finding yourself in any of the above situations, we have some good news for you. The latest release of the Hosted App and Desktop Service (HAaD) in CloudPortal Services Manager will wipe these challenges off your plate.
What is the Hosted Apps and Desktops Service?
CloudPortal Services Manager Hosted Apps and Desktops Service enables Citrix Service Providers to deliver and manage multi-tenant hosted XenApp and XenDesktop services from a single management interface – reducing complexity and helping scale across multiple customers/tenants.
Get Optimized Multi-Tenant Hosted Apps and Desktops Delivery with Latest HAaD Service
With the latest HAad Service, adopt enhanced ways to grow your margins, strengthen your portfolio and drive customer satisfaction:
- Deliver Hosted App and Desktop Services: Deliver hosted offerings at lower cost and with higher margins using a multi-tenant architecture and comprehensive control panel.
- Easily Scale a Multi-Tenant Hosting Business: Quickly scale your business with simplified onboarding, powerful automation and design flexibility – all managed within a single platform.
- Increase Technical Bench Productivity: Enable fast access and management of app and desktop services – 10x faster performance when managing service offerings.
- Simplify and De-risk Upgrades: Gain peace of mind with a flexible multi-site architecture that reduces downtime and improves risk management during upgrades and delivery of services.
New Features Supported in the Updated HAaD Service
- Here is how the latest HAaD service will empower you:
Easily Scale Multi-Tenant Environments and Maintain Version Flexibility
- Multi-site Support: Scale your infrastructure independently while maintaining flexibility with multiple versions of XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Upgrade via Migration: Independently manage multiple XenDesktop sites within a single platform – allowing a simple low risk upgrade and migration path.
Multi-site management for hosted apps and desktops.
Co-existence of Multiple Versions: Version agility allowing the use of existing infrastructure and onboard new customers to latest version of XenApp and XenDesktop.
Streamline Service Delivery with Simplified Management
- Simplified/Faster Onboarding: Quickly onboard new customers and applications with simplified app onboarding and bulk user provisioning.
- Optimized Service Delivery and Usability: Identify and assign offerings as shared or private in a couple of click without the need for a complex naming convention.
- Simplified Offering Management: Quickly understand offering assignment across all multi-tenant sites and Shared/Private modes from an intuitive management portal.
Deliver Multi-Tenant Offerings Faster with Improved Performance
- 10X Faster Performance for Delivery of Offerings: Rapidly deliver offerings in a muti-tenant environment for “A” customer and “B” offerings across a set of “C” users.
- Detailed Usage Insights: Gain detailed insights into service usage and customer assignments – helping decisions that enable faster delivery of services.
Site deployment, usage and assignment.
Achieve continuous delivery of services
- Robust Design and Architecture with Enhanced Support: Independently update various versions of XenDesktop, StoreFront and VDA versions by leveraging flexible architecture.
- Risk Management: Manage upgrade risks by independently validating update and migration procedures thereby eliminating downtime.
Jun 22, 2016
Citrix Service Provider-based DaaS solutions provide complete hosted desktops for applications and email securely delivered over the web. Desktops-as-a-Service are simple to buy and easy to manage, with no software for IT to maintain.
Citrix Service Providers enable the end-to-end hosted business services demanded by the mobile workstyles of today’s end users.
- Added value to hosted desktops
Citrix offers more than just a cloud desktop, enriching the SMB experience with access to secure mobile device management (MDM), and secure file sync and share.
- Enterprise-class DaaS on SMB budgets
DaaS provides an accessible pay-as-you-go model to scale up in busy seasons and reduce expenditures when necessary.
- Extensible, validated reference architecture
Moving to DaaS means a managed service provider hosts IT, so no need for local management of servers, hardware or software updates.
BPS Team is available round the clock to help assist you in:
- Advising in product selection, licensing, go to market, hosting projects bidding & platforms (Desktop as a Service)
- Pre-sales advising: Assisting with all licensing questions and queries (by a group of licensing experts)
- Pricing for your end-customer projects based on a design sent per project
- Start now by joining the partner program
Jun 8, 2016
XenApp and XenDesktop with XenMobile MDM edition provides key device level security capabilities for users accessing XenApp and XenDesktop desktops and apps on mobile devices. The mobile device management (MDM) solution lets you:
- Enforce password protection for the device’s lock screen
- Restrict corporate network access from jailbroken devices and blacklisted applications
- Enable encryption for select applications and data at rest and in motion—an especially important capability if your XenApp and XenDesktop policies enable
- Prevent data loss with remote lock and wipe capabilities that let you selectively wipe business content on BYOD devices while leaving personal data and applications untouched
XenApp and XenDesktop with XenMobile Enterprise edition supports the next step in your EMM strategy by complementing the device-level security capabilities of XenMobile MDM edition with app-level security features. These include:
- Secure “native-like” mobile apps – Worx Mobile apps let you provide a superior user experience with better-than-native security. WorxMail provides an encrypted secure area for email messages and attachments fully integrated with contacts and calendar. WorxWeb provides encrypted browsing and access to the internal network resources without additional passwords.
- A mobile enterprise app store – Citrix increases time to value for your mobile strategy by providing the world’s largest ecosystem of verified, secure applications supporting windows, SaaS, and natively mobile applications.
- Security for any mobile app – XenMobile Enterprise edition also allows IT to wrap a set of security policies around any mobile app. More than 60 different policies, including passwords, PINs, camera disable, micro-VPN and more can be applied to any mobile app without disrupting its native code.
- Integration with secure file sharing tools – XenMobile Enterprise edition is pre-integrated with Citrix ShareFile to let people share, sync and store data securely anywhere from any device. People can work on data within virtual apps and desktops, then transition quickly to work on the same data in native mobile apps for seamless productivity.