You are almost ready to move your business applications, data, and infrastructure to the Cloud but you still need to be a little bit more confident.
These 4 pillars represent the main value proposition for what differentiates Azure from the competition.
Those are the reasons why customers choose Microsoft, because of the unique value that we provide in a productive, hybrid, intelligent, and trusted cloud.
Cloud and edge scale units enable distribution of shop floor and warehouse execution workloads among different environments. This functionality can help improve performance, prevent service interruptions, and maximize uptime. It’s provided by the following add-ins:
- Cloud Scale Unit Add-in for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Companies that work with manufacturing and distribution must be able to run key business processes 24/7, without interruption and at scale. Cloud and edge scale units enable companies to run key mission-critical manufacturing and warehouse processes without interruption, even when faced with occasional network connectivity or latency issues.
Scale units and dedicated workloads
Scale units extend your central Supply Chain Management hub environment by adding dedicated processing capacity. Scale units can run in the cloud. Alternatively, they can run on the edge at your local facility premises. Scale units can temporarily be disconnected from the hub environment. When they are connected, scale units receive all the information that is required to run the dedicated processing for assigned workloads.
Dedicated manufacturing execution workload capabilities in a scale unit
For manufacturing execution, cloud and edge scale units deliver the following capabilities, even when the edge units aren’t connected to the cloud:
- Machine operators and shop floor supervisors can access the operational production plan.
- Machine operators can keep the plan up to date by running discrete and process manufacturing jobs.
- The shop floor supervisor can adjust the operational plan.
- Workers can access time and attendance for clock-in and clock-out on the edge, to ensure correct worker pay calculation.
Dedicated warehouse management workload capabilities in a scale unit
For warehouse management, cloud and edge scale units deliver the following capabilities, even when edge units aren’t connected to the cloud:
- Processing of selected wave methods is enabled for sales orders and demand replenishment.
- Warehouse workers can run sales and demand replenishment warehouse work by using the Warehouse Management mobile app.
- Warehouse workers can inquire into on-hand inventory by using the Warehouse Management mobile app.
- Warehouse workers can create and run inventory movements by using the Warehouse Management mobile app.
- Warehouse workers can register purchase orders and do put away by using the Warehouse Management mobile app.